The Eko Atlantic is a new city set to rise out of the Atlantic ocean just next to Victoria Island, in Lagos state. Eko Atlantic will also satisfy needs for commercial, residential, and tourist accommodations, with infrastructure in line with modern and environmental standards.
1. SIZE OF EKO ATLANTIC CITY –
The Eko Atlantic city is built on 10 million square meters of reclaimed ocean land. This is 5 times the size of Monaco. A total of 300,000 families would live in the metropolis, which would also employ 250,000 people.
2. EKO ATLANTIC CITY FOUNDATION
After land reclamation, the city is obviously built on water. Do you have any idea how much sand is dumped into the sea? 140 million metric tons of sand Yes! Dredging International, a Belgian corporation, has moved 95 million cubic meters of sand from the Atlantic’s bottom to achieve this feat.
3. INFRASTRUCTURES OF EKO ATLANTIC CITY
Are you also thinking of becoming a resident of the EKO ATLANTIC CITY? Think no more, as you stand to enjoy so many perks as a resident of the city. See the benefits listed below:
• Independent 24/7 power supply ( I am sure everyone would love this).
• Water and wastewater treatment.
• Fiber-optic communication connections to every plot of land. (No more struggle with inefficient internet networks).
• The city delivers plots of land with a connection to utility services.
• Elevated street levels to also accommodate.
• A 10.2km long waterfront promenade. (Take a walk or morning run across the ocean view).
• 2 large marinas are connected by an internal waterway.
4. THE ACHITECTURAL DESIGNS OF EKO ATLANTIC CITY
This architectural marvel is the result of collaboration between two of the world’s most renowned architectural firms. The official designers of the EKO ATLANTIC CITY are AR+H ARCHITECTS and MZ ARCHITECTS. The former also creates one-of-a-kind architectural designs for high-quality constructions.
5. EKO ATLANTIC CITY PLAN
There are ten (10) districts in Atlantic City, namely:
• Harbour Lights • The Harbour Lights is a location within Eko Atlantic that has high-rise structures that form a beautiful skyline.
• Business District • The Business District is the project’s business hub, with a central boulevard extending 2 kilometers and 60 meters in width.
• Marina District • The Marina District is a residential area as well as a social and recreational hub.
• Downtown • In the Downtown district, living the city life has never been easier.
• Eko Island • Eko Island is another residential location where you may live comfortably.
• Avenues • As the name implies, the Avenues sector of Eko Atlantic is filled with major green avenues.
• The Four Bridges region is a district of residential dwellings, recreation, and commercial activity, with a variety of lodging alternatives.
• The Eko Drive district is a wonderful blend of residential and commercial, serving as a link between Lagos and Eko Atlantic.
• Marina on the East Side
• The East Side Marina is a collection of buildings and tree-lined alleys that houses a variety of stores, restaurants, and pubs.
• Ocean View
• The Ocean Front is primarily a residential area with tourism services and attractions.